Maintaining Banners and Signs for Businesses: 5 Tips to Save Time and Money
Buying banners and signs for business promotions is one of the best ways you can invest in your company’s success. But to get a full return on your investment, those banners and signs need to last and perform for years.
All SignSmiths of Texas banners and signs are built to last, but maintenance is key to maximizing their lifespans.
To that end, today’s post shares 5 easy and effective tips for maintaining banners and signs for business promotions, courtesy of our team in Wylie, Texas.
Maintaining Banners And Signs For Businesses: Top 5 Tips
- Start smart with quality banners and signs. The first step in ensuring your banners and signs last longer is selecting high-quality products made from durable materials that can meet the specific demands you intend to place on them. For example, if you intend to use your banners and signs for outdoor promotions, that means choosing materials that can stand up to the worst of Wylie, Texas weather and still look great. Conversely, if you plan to use your banners and signs on the road, perhaps to create trade show displays for a cross-country expo tour, then you’ll need to choose materials that are lightweight, portable, and able to stand up to some manhandling.Investing in quality signage is a good idea for other reasons, too. For instance, research has shown that a significant number of consumers make snap judgments about businesses based on the style and quality of their signage. So while you might save some money up front using low quality banners and signs for business promotions, those “savings” can actually end up costing you more in lost sales than you would have paid for premium signage.When you work with us, you get the full confidence that comes with shopping smart. That’s because SignSmiths of Texas offers a comprehensive selection of banners and signs for businesses, all of which are made from high quality materials that outlast other brands.
- Use the right cleaning technique. With proper technique, maintaining banners and signs for business promotions takes no time at all, and it can add years to the life of your product.For most banners and signs, use a soft, damp, nonabrasive cloth with a mix of water and a small amount of mild detergent. Microfiber towels or soft cotton works great. Moisten the cloth, wring it out well, then gently wipe away dust and dirt from your sign or banner. Once you’ve finished that step, use a clean cloth and clean water to wipe away any soapy residue, then use a third clean cloth to dry.
- Steer clear of harmful products and cleaning tools. Avoid using any harsh cleaning chemicals or solvents, as these can cause colors to fade. Do not use any abrasive scrub brushes, as these can damage your sign or banner. Pressure washers are also not generally recommended, though this can vary depending on your sign type and pressure washer model.
- Dry your banner or sign thoroughly before storing. Failing to dry your banners or signs adequately can lead to fading colors, mold, mildew, and rusted sign materials. Dry by hand using a clean cloth if possible. Sun drying is not recommended as it can cause colors to fade.
- Store banners and signs properly. Store your banner or sign in a dry, cool place that doesn’t get any sunlight. Remember not to fold your banner. When storing signs, avoid having letters and logos touching each other.
Free Quote On Custom Banners And Signs For Businesses In Wylie, Texas
Looking to order some additional custom banners and signs for business promotions? Have more questions about banner and sign maintenance?
SignSmiths of Texas has what you’re looking for.
Call 972-464-2926 or fill out our simple contact form to book a consultation with one of our in-house sign and banner specialists. There is never any pressure to buy and all consultations are 100% free.